Junior Staff Engineer
- BS degree in Engineering Discipline
- Performs engineering tasks of moderate complexity as directed by project or program manager.
- Provides a thorough knowledge of related discipline as a technical contributor
- Performs technical work on designated project or projects as directed.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance required for this role.
Reliable MicroSystems is seeking a Junior Staff Engineer Possesses an engineering degree and work experience that can be directly brought to bear on complex technical problems for ultimate solution, including but not limited to computer science, electrical engineering, or radiation effects expertise. Upon technical direction, works independently to achieve applicable solutions. Tasks may include original source code development, integrated circuit design, integrated circuit layout, and/or radiation effects failure analysis. Presents results to management in coherent and defensible way. Documents results in presentation and written form, including briefing charts and report documents.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are hiring for this position in both Franklin, Tennessee at our HQ office, and in our new Crane, IN office, both of which have a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
RMS has the following in-house capabilities available to customers/partners:
- ASIC design/layout services
- Radiation-aware compact models and radiation-effects simulation services
- RHBD design services
- Analysis of EEE components and systems to specific radiation survivability requirements
- Off-site radiation testing services, including test planning, execution, and documentation
- Technical review to support radiation environment definitions, test plan deployment, standards compliance, documentation
- Radiation effects consultation
- Flexibility and the ability to work on a wide range of development platforms.
- Experience with electrical schematics
- Applied mathematics or algorithm development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with others
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Junior Staff Engineering: Models and Simulations
Franklin, TN & Crane, IN
Join us at Reliable Microsystems, where we engage with the DoD and Defense
Industrial Base (DIB) in support of the radiation-hardened, trusted integrated circuit (IC) supply-chain. In particular, RMS provides expertise in the discovery, modeling, and mitigation of failures due to extrinsic radiation and reliability degradation in advanced technologies operating in harsh environments space, terrestrial, military, or commercial through radiation effects analysis, IC modeling and simulation (M&S), IC testing, and radiation-hardened IC design.
Reliable Microsystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) match
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Signing Bonus
The annual base salary range for this position is $70,000 – $90,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Reliable Microsystems considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.