Senior Staff Engineer
- MS/PhD degree with 5+ years experience
- Performs engineering tasks of high complexity as assigned by project or program manager
- Independently tracks SOW tasks and performs technical direction to complete tasks
- May perform oversight responsibility over team of Junior Engineer/or Staff Engineer employees
- Provides a thorough knowledge of related discipline as a technical specialist
- Performs enterprise wide horizontal integration planning and interfaces to other functional systems
- Ensures that tasks are completed correctly and on time.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance required for this role.
Reliable MicroSystems is seeking a Senior Staff Engineer to perform technical work on designated project or projects independently and/or as directed. This person must possess an engineering degree and have work experience that can be directly brought to bear on complex technical problems for ultimate solution, including but not limited to computer science, electrical engineering, or radiation effects expertise. Upon technical instruction, works independently to achieve applicable solutions. Tasks may include original source code development, integrated circuit design, integrated circuit layout, and/or radiation effects failure analysis. Presents results to management in coherent and defensible way. Documents results in presentation and written form, including briefing charts and report documents. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. This position is in beautiful Franklin, TN at our HQ office which has a collaborative and modern agile workspace.
RMS has the following in-house capabilities available to customers/partners:
- ASIC design/layout services
- Radiation-aware compact models and radiation-effects simulation services
- RHBD design services
- Analysis of EEE components and systems to specific radiation survivability requirements
- Off-site radiation testing services, including test planning, execution, and documentation
- Technical review to support radiation environment definitions, test plan deployment, standards compliance, documentation
- Radiation effects consultation
- Flexibility and the ability to work on a wide range of development platforms
- Working familiarity with engineering design
- Working familiarity with electrical schematics
- Experience with software design & development
- Applied mathematics or algorithm development experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with others
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified, you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Senior Staff Engineering: Models and Simulations
Join us at Reliable Microsystems, where we engage with the DoD and Defense Industrial Base (DIB) in support of the radiation-hardened, trusted integrated circuit (IC) supply-chain. In particular, RMS provides expertise in the discovery, modeling, and mitigation of failures due to extrinsic radiation and reliability degradation in advanced technologies operating in harsh environments space, terrestrial, military, or commercial through radiation effects analysis, IC modeling and simulation (M&S), IC testing, and radiation-hardened IC design.
Reliable Microsystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working hours
- Paid time off and Holidays
The annual base salary range for this position is $130,000 – $195,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Reliable Microsystems considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.